What is a commission?
A commissioned painting is painting customized special for you or your space.
You may want a commissioned painting if:
- You need a specific size painting and /or colors in your painting. (I can make suggestions based on photos and dimensions of the space you want to display the art if you would like some guidance.)
- You don’t want to compete with other collectors to buy a painting.
- A painting you love is out of stock or not the size you are looking for. I can make you another inspired by that piece.
How much does a commissioned painting cost?
Commissioned art pricing is dependent on size. The following price list includes some more common sizes of art that fit well in interior spaces, but additional sizes, larger sizes, and multi-canvas artworks are an option as well!
20 x 30 $600 30 x 48 $1,440
30 x 30 $900 40 x 40 $1,60
30 x 40 $1,200 48 x 48 $2,304
36 x 36 $1,300 48 x 60 $2,880
A commission painting will typically take around 3-4 weeks to complete. After reaching an understanding with price, size, and color, you can expect the following:
- A contract that explains the agreement.
- A 40% deposit is required before beginning the painting. The rest is due before shipping.
- I will order necessary materials as soon as receiving the deposit and hopefully can begin painting by week two.
Many things can influence this timeline including my current schedule and projects so I provide a unique timeline for each commission.
How to choose custom colors:
Your inspiration for color can come from another painting of mine, a photo, a memory, a place, an emotion, or the colors in the space you wish to hang the art. You can also allow me creative freedom with color, or request a few main colors that I will focus on but highlight with accent colors.
If you have any additional questions about commissioned paintings please don’t hesitate to reach out!
We can also talk via phone or video. Please email email@example.com or call/text 970-397-5201.